Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tough

Tough mornings have been a daily experience. It doesn't matter how much sleep Kyndall gets, she is still yelling, screaming and stomping around the house. Today it was because she was cold, yesterday it was because she was tired, the day before it was because the bus is stinky. Poor Carissa, if awake, gets left in her bed crying so I can carry (yes, carry, she weighs 50 lbs!) to the bus and get buckle her in while I am trying to calm her down. What do the neighbors think? Well...I think (hope) they get it. I have made a point of explaining Kyndall's hypersensitivity to everyone and they seem to understand....hopefully noone is still trying to sleep as Kyndall's cries and screams pierce the morning air.....


Tough afternoons have been a daily experience. Kyndall is tired, but will not take a nap. By 4pm, we spiral out of control. If every detail is not perfect or if the Polly Pocket dress will not come off, it is a major ordeal. Carissa likes to cluster feed in the afternoon and take 10-30 minute naps. I hit the tired wall about 2pm and pray for Carissa to take a decent nap or for Kyndall to be calm............

Even though there are tough days, I am grateful for them and their hugs, kisses, and touches.....




2 comments:

pinkscrapaddict said...

julie -

reading your post just breaks my heart - seems like things are tough right now! I can't even imagine what you are going through - I wish I was there to be able to help you out!

If there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask - I would even drive up to help in anytime of need!

We have to figure out the date to come up so we can see you asap!

love you lots and thinking of you...
nikki

Will said...

Hey Julie,

I second Nicole, and just so you know, I am going through very similar issues with Will and Aubrey. Will has been extremely difficult as far as his behavior - if Aubrey is sleeping, he intentionally wakes her up by pinching her, shouting or stomping. When he arrives home from school, he is out of control (over tired and determined NOT to rest). I have to chase him each day and carry him home from the neighbor's house. I highly doubt any of your neighbors are judging you - anyone with more than one child knows exactly what you're dealing with.

And just so you know, my little girl frequently is left alone crying because I am dealing with her out of control brother. Not that it makes it any easier, but you are definitely not alone. I don't think I would be able to get through a single moment of the day without my anti-depressants.

Nicole and I are making a plan to come and visit. Hang in there, and remember we are here for you always!!

Love,

Kelly